Saturday, May 21, 2011

Fashion Tag :)

  • Who is your fashion role model?
Hmm... I never really think about one person when I think about fashion. I really love Imelda May's style though, it's so different to everything you see everywhere else! And, of course, she is Irish, which is always a plus :P I've always been a bit fascinated by rockabilly style especially the hair!


courtesy of www.muruch.com
  • What do you always carry with you?
I ALWAYS have a bag, I can't go anywhere without one. I always carry everything 'just in case' which usually means I can't find anything in my bag because it's so full of crap! But I can't go anywhere without my phone, it is essentially glued to my hand.. I don't think that's a good thing really is it? But at least you can always reach me ;)
  • How would you describe your style?
Well my style generally ranges from lazy (I own a lot of hoodies) and dress up... Whenever I get dressed I sometimes go for some sort of...era? I guess that's how I would describe it! I love the 1940's and 50's styles, high waisted skirts and well tailored clothes... I do opt for jeans and comfy trainers a lot as the majority of my friends are boys and they simply don't appreciate any effort I make... I always get comments like 'eh, Aoife, why are you dressed like an old lady/cartoon character/hockey player..?' (Yes, I've gotten the hockey player comment twice actually, simply because of a pair of knee high socks I like to wear!)




  • Which do you prefer, jeans, sunglasses or heels?
Jeans definitely. Comfort rules my entire wardrobe, no matter what look I'm going for! I only ever wear heels on a night out or when I'm going for dinner somewhere, and Ialways have a scarf, hoodie and umbrella handy so I don't get bested by the elements (this is Ireland after all).
  • What inspired you to blog about fashion?
I've recently become obsessed with the internet and fashion and beauty blogs, and thought, well, I think I could do that..We'll soon see if I can I suppose!
Some of my favorite blogs:
Musings of a Makeup Maniac
Zoella
Park and Cube
  • What is your favorite fashion shop?
My favorite shop HAS to be Penneys by far (Primark in the UK) simply because of the price! I love shopping but I loathe handing over a big chunk of cash for something that I won't wear the rest of my life.. That said however I always end up broke before the end of the month from spending all my money on supposed 'bargains' in Penneys!


courtesy of nixers.com
  • What is your favorite fabric for clothing?
ahhh fabric... The feel of clothes is really important to me, I always walk through shops, brushing my fingers off the clothes on the rails until I find something that appeals to me, and THEN I'll pick it up! Of course just cos something feels nice doesn't mean it always turns out to be gorgeous :P
  • Who are your favorite designers?
I have a bit of a confession to make... I've never been very interested in designers :/ I know, I know, naughty Aoife. But I've always been so much more interested in the style that I can buy, and wear and enjoy NOW. The high street shops are my best friends, they provide instant gratification, and for that, I will endure my ever decreasing bank balance!
  • Who or what inspires your style?
The style that I aspire to (on days when I make the effort) is a mix of 40's and 50's, which is also reflected in some of my music tastes.. Of course I do usually gravitate towards hoodies at the end of the day, can anyone resist their fluffy softness?!



courtesy of buttons-and-bows.co.uk
  • Would you choose to buy something or make it yourself if you could?
I would love to be able to make my own clothes! I always think, when I see things in shops, well that doesn't look THAT hard to make.. But of course, it always is. I'd love to be able to make clothes completely different to everyone elses!


<3

0 comments: