Tuesday, May 24, 2011

What To Wear: To A Summer Wedding


   Next month I am flying to London to go to a wedding. I've only ever been to one other wedding since becoming old enough to choose my own outfit, and god knows THAT was stressful, so I thought I would do a quick post on outfits for various types of weddings!

  The first is a formal wedding. You know the type, hundreds of people invited, a gorgeous hotel for the reception and a lot of pressure on choosing the right dress! I find the hardest thing about weddings is walking the line between too casual, and over dressed.

   The outfit I've chosen here is quite simple, but effective (I hope! :P). The dress is an appropriate shade of coral, bang on trend at the moment, and the turquoise belt and ring complement it perfectly without being over bearing. I kept the shoes, clutch and jacket plain to let the dress do the talking, sticking to nude and mushroom colours. I wore a very similar coat to the last wedding I was at actually!



The next outfit is tailored towards a more low key, family affair. You still want to look classy, but there is no need to go overboard. This dress is modest, but gorgeous! (Personally, I love polkadots). The flat pumps are perfect for dancing away and inevitably making a fool of yourself during the reception ;)



  I kept the accessories simple (no need for a necklace with such a high neckline), and with nude lipstick and  a flicks of black eyeliner, you're good to go!


  And finally, this outfit is what I will be aiming for when I go shopping for the wedding in London. It's going to be in a forest (!!) so it's a much more relaxed affair, certainly no
heels! I've never worn a maxi skirt before so we'll see if they suit me, I'm kind of on the short side :P




   I'll post pictures of the wedding so you can see what I wore in the end, it could be completely different!



  I'm thinking of making a 'what to wear' series of posts so if you have any suggestions of what you'd like to see, feel free to comment :) 

<3

0 comments: