Thursday, June 2, 2011

Off on a J1? Or wondering what to wear to that interview?

Ok so you might not be working in exactly this kind of environment (hopefully!)
image courtesy of weheartit.com


   I'm staying in Ireland to work this summer, but a lot of my friends and I'm sure a large amount of college students are heading off on J1s sometime soon. I'm quite jealous! Anyway, one of my friends is leaving next week for Canada, most likely to work in an office environment so she asked me to put together a capsule wardrobe of work wear to bring with her. I thought other people might benefit from it so here you go! :)



   I know a lot of people go away to America or Canada with nothing planned in terms of employment, but you may have some idea before you go. I've based this wardrobe on the likelihood that Sinead will be working in an office for the summer... :)


Shoes: New Look
Dress and cardigan: Mod Cloth
Jumper: Julesb.co.uk
Bag and sleeveless blouse: Jane Norman
Shorts and chinos: Miss Selfridges
Tank tops: New Look
Necklace, skirts and belt: Top Shop
White Blouse: Miss Selfridges

   I've chosen clothes that can be mixed and match with each other so you are never stuck for an outfit! This helps when getting ready in a rush as well as saving room in your suitcase. Not only that, some of these pieces can be worn on the weekends or out to dinner too!

   A lot of people, when they think of work clothes, think immediately of pinstripe suits and pencil skirts. But just because this is the norm, doesn't mean it's all there is! Especially in interviews, neat but slightly more original dress can set you apart from the rest of the crowd. God knows you aren't the only student out there looking for a job! This way you look put together and sophisticated, but still managing to hold onto your individuality :)

As you can see, the majority of these are high street clothes! There's no need to over pack, there's nothing worse than lugging around a massive suitcase while travelling.. Remember, you will probably buy more stuff when you get there, I know I wouldn't be able to help myself!

Good luck!

2 comments:

Julie said... Best Blogger Tips

good idea, fecker. i can now comment, woo!

Aoife (a.k.a feefs) said... Best Blogger Tips

haha FINALLY! :D